[nabs-l] Going to Law School

Sean Whalen smwhalenpsp at gmail.com
Thu May 20 01:19:15 UTC 2010

Hi Justin,

If you look online at US News and World Report, you will find rankings of
Law Schools, both overall and by area of law. These rankings are by no means
definitive, but they are a good start.

There are not necessarily specialized law programs. All law school attendees
receive the same J.d. degree. However, certain schools do have recognized
expertise in particular areas.

Regarding the LSAT, get started on the accommodations process as early as
possible. I initially intended to take the LSAT in December of 09, but am
finally scheduled for the October 2010 test. I ran into an issue where the
accommodations I requested were not initially approved. I am still working
with the LSAC to reach an understanding on that front. The bottom line is
that it can take an inordinately long time to go through the process.

If you decide to take the LSAT, feel free to be in touch with me. I have
some study materials in electronic format that I could share with you. I
would also be happy to answer any questions about the process.

Good luck!

Take care,

Sean