[nabs-l] Going to Law School

Sean Whalen smwhalenpsp at gmail.com
Thu May 20 04:19:24 UTC 2010

Justin,

You can find accommodation request materials at www.lsac.org. There are
forms which you must fill out as well as forms that a medical professional
must fill. Additionally, they will ask for history of accommodations in
college and on past standardized tests.

When requesting accommodations, be as specific and explicit as possible
about what you want. It is a good idea to look at practice LSAT materials
beforehand to help you make a determination as to which accommodations you
will want to ask for. I know that viewing practice logic games ahead of time
and devising strategies to deal with them helped me to ask for the most
useful accommodations. I, for example, requested to be able to use MS Excel
for logic games, which in most cases are dealt with by drawing diagrams.
Excel offers the ability to put things in a much clearer spacial context
than notes in a Word document. This has proved helpful, and I would have
never thought to make such a request if I hadn't done practice problems.

What year are you in school and when are you thinking about attending law
school?

Look around, though I am not familiar with many, there are surely at least a
handful of schools with strength in disability law. Do some research online,
and talk to prospective schools to see which program best fits your desires.

Take care,

Sean