[nabs-l] Blind Students Interested in Academic Careers

James Fetter jfetter at nd.edu
Mon May 24 00:33:25 UTC 2010

Dear All,
I hope all of your semesters and final exams, whether you took or had to
grade them, went well. I am in the beginning stages of organizing a
group of blind academics and aspiring academics i.e. graduate students
seeking academic careers, such as myself. By way of a brief
introduction, I am a graduate student near completion of my Ph.D. in
Political Science at Notre Dame and am currently on the job market. I
envision this group starting out as a talk shop for trading ideas about
seeking academic employment, publishing, getting access to secondary
sources and other research materials, and all the other aspects of
starting/advancing a career in the academy with special attention to any
specific challenges or misconceptions we face as blind academics. If
interested, please feel free to contact me off list at jfetter at nd.edu.
If there is sufficient interest, I plan to arrange an informal
get-together at Convention. I posted a similar message to the Blind
Educators mailing list, so if you received that, my apologies for the
double notification.
All Best,
James

--