[nabs-l] Update on Ray McGeorge

Rania raniaismail04 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 18:11:25 UTC 2010

Good news!
Rania,

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Scott C. LaBarre
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 10:50 AM
To: NFB Affiliate Presidents List; NFB of Colorado Discussion List; National
Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: [nabs-l] Update on Ray McGeorge

Greetings:

I recently got off the phone with Diane to check on Ray's status as of this
morning.  Some time no news is good news and that is the case today.  Ray
remains stable and unconscious in the normal sense.  The encouraging bit of
news is that over the last couple of days, Ray has demonstrated more
awareness and has definitely let us know that he is still with us.  When I
saw him Saturday, he squeezed my hand when I asked and he also wiggled his
big toe when I asked.  Yesterday, he was even a little more active and
moving his left arm and leg, the non-stroke affected side.

Dr. and Mrs. Maurer visited with Ray yesterday and he gripped their hands as
well.  There is no doubt in any of our mind sthat Ray is still with us and
fighting very hard.  He faces significant odds because of the multitude of
issues he has faced, the most substantial of which is the major stroke he
suffered last week.  As all of you know, Ray is an extremely tough person
and he is giving it everything he's got.  We appreciate so much your
continued thoughts and prayers and please keep them coming!  I plan to visit
Ray this afternoon and I will post an update later today.
    With warmest regards,
Scott C. LaBarre, Esq.

LaBarre Law Offices P.C.
1660 South Albion Street, Ste. 918
Denver, Colorado 80222
303 504-5979 (voice)
303 757-3640 (fax)
slabarre at labarrelaw.com (e-mail)
www.labarrelaw.com (website)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you are not the designated recipient, you may not read,
copy, distribute or retain this message. If you received this message in
error, please notify the sender at 303) 504-5979 or slabarre at labarrelaw.com,
and destroy and delete it from your system. This message and any attachments
are covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§
2510-2521.
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/raniaismail04%40gmai
l.com