[nabs-l] NLS Accessibility in Other Countries

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 16:49:40 UTC 2010

I think that if you're studying abroad, you can just go on the website
and download as usual since you have a password and such. Part of the
problem, i suspect, has to do with international copyright laws.
Hopefully when google books become accessible the whole world will be
able to access literature. I completely agree with Joe that literature
should be accessible to everyone. If you think about it, no matter
where in the world you are blind, you face the same challenges. Even
with NLS books we stil have to wait some time before we have access to
the latest books. Many blind people in other countries don't even have
this opportunity. U.S.  tax dollars go all over the world for
different political reasons, so I don't see why literacy can't be
incorperated.
Mary

--
Mary Fernandez