[nabs-l] tech journalists needed

Jorge Paez jorgeapaez at mac.com
Sun May 30 21:58:20 UTC 2010

Hello.

This is Jorge writing.

I am currently in the process of launching a tech journalism site. The aim of this site is to cover the vast arrays of developing technology, including software and hardware, and how it can be used by the blind.

We will cover

---accessible technology (screen readers, Braille Notes, Braille Lites, Pacmates, iCons, Etc)

but we will also cover technology that wasn't made with the blind as its main focus, or that are not centered around blindness such as computers, phones, and how we can make them accessible as an every day blind user.

Tips and tricks, tutorials and reviews are accepted too.

We are currently open for contributors from anywhere who are blind/VI, at any grade in school (we will require a writing sample) and who use these technologies in every-day-life.

You can write as a "general technology" writer, which means you cover everything, or you can specify any particular areas.

For more details or if you're interested contact me at computertechjorgepaez at gmail.com with any questions and/or a proposal of what you're writing about.

(no attachments please, we will request a writing sample if we're interested)

Thanks.

Jorge