[nabs-l] some very beginner, basic cooking questions!

B.J. LeJeune BJLejeune at colled.msstate.edu
Fri Oct 1 16:19:47 UTC 2010

To simulate the shake-n-bake experience on a stove top, I often use a baggie and seasoned bread crumbs or sometimes I make my own chicken covering out of flour and/or crushed up corn flakes and then add my own seasonings .  Make sure the chicken is washed and damp before putting it in the baggie - swishing it first in beaten up egg works better with the corn flakes. You can then saute the coated tenders or thin chicken breast slices about 10 minutes  in about a tablespoon of olive oil for a read quickie meal. I use either tongs or a fork to turn them in the frying pan.  If you use a full chicken breast or a turkey cutlet it takes a little longer.  Changing the seasoning changes the meal too - for variety use lemon pepper or basil, or garlic seasonings.

BJ

>>> Katie Wang <bunnykatie6 at gmail.com> 9/30/2010 6:55 PM >>>
Hi, Kerry and all,
  I'm enjoying this thread and appreciate all the cooking tips from
everyone! I'm a beginner in cooking too so this is very helpful to me.
  One question out of curiosity: I use a toaster oven and a microwave
all the time but don't have a George Forman Grill. Is it similar to an
oven? Does it accomplish the same things? In what situations would you
use a grill rather than an oven? Thanks!
   Katie