[nabs-l] Beef with Misspelling

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 14:24:17 UTC 2010

Okay, so forgive the jerk nature of this post, but the recent thread on
Helen Keller has given rise to one of my largest pet peeves on the list.  If
you're not going to use spell-check to double check your writing, at least
try to spell people's names correctly.  I find it rude when people do not
bother to at least make sure they're spelling people's names accurately.  It
may sound like a small thing.  This is not the most formal of public forums,
but when so many of the subscribers are students on the verge of employment,
it just makes sense to try to practice good habits in all our written
communication.  It's Helen Keller, not Hellen Killer, and it's Annie or Anne
Sullivan, not Any Seliven.  I mean, gees.  You wouldn't like it if people
got your name all wrong.  I'm just saying, practice like it's the real deal!

Joe