[nabs-l] more transportation, and travel questions

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 00:26:38 UTC 2010

Hi Ashley, Anita, and All:

First, Anita, I can't just call them and say "I'm waiting at this
stop" as I don't know where the stop is from my apartment complex. I
want to say it's at the light but not for certain. The website is
inaccessible so I can't check there. So, I kind of have to call them
and explain the situation and where I live.

Also Anita, Morgantown is a college town and since the majority of the
students can drive the bus caters to the freshman students. I do not
live in the student area so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to
transfer or take two buses to get anywhere. I don't think  I can just
take just one bus to one location as it's weird here and you have to
connect.

I think I'd like to go to the Morgantown Mall in Westover for my first
trip. I am on the same side of town as the mall so maybe just maybe I
may be able to go on one bus but I'll have to check.

Ashley, I live in a gated apartment complex...Don't I need to let them
know what complex it is and where it is so they can tell me where the
stop is?

Also, our buses do not have directions like westbound...they are
colored lines...the orange line, the blue and gold connector, the
purple line, the brown line...they have no directional names what so
ever.

Since they are on Facebook...would it be okay if I messaged them since
I'm better at writing than talking and can think out my questions
better when writing? Or do I have to call? If I message them then I
can copy/make notes on the time, any transfers, and location of stops
as needed.

Also, I'll ask if my friend could come down but you have to
understand...it's my state president and her significant other and
they are middle-aged so...I'll ask them but I don't know?

I tried to talk to my mother to see if she could help me look at the
schedule and map but she said I could just call...I don't know where
else to get help from. Many of the sighted people I know have the
typical feel sorry for the blind girl attitude so I don't know if
asking a sighted friend to help me would be effective but I will try.

Also since I shouldn't need to use the deviated route service to go to
the mall I guess to keep things simple I'll leave the deviated route
out for now.

I don't currently have a reader nor know how to hire one though I've
read about it.

Thanks.
Kerri