[nabs-l] Running out of canes!

Alexander Castillo alexandera.castillo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 20:11:40 UTC 2010

Hi all, it seems that lately my canes have been going through some
rough times, such as being dropped into vents, being stepped on,
cracking, and as a result, I am slowly but surely running out of them.

While looking on the NFB independence  market, I noticed that those
$10 63 inch telescoping canes  are no longer in stock. This was my go
to source for quick replaceable canes. Are there other sites which
sell the following?

Metal tipped, NFB style, carbon fiber or fiberglass canes over 61 inches?

If you have other cane suggestions, please feel free to share. For
example, I sometimes use a very light  61 inch long, metal tipped
identification  cane in the same way I would use an NFB long cane;
when I need something very light and slim which  is great for using in
very crowded areas such as bars, clubs, or any place where a
telescoping or straight cane might not suit my purposes.

Thanks for reading,
Alex