[nabs-l] Running out of canes!

Antonio Guimaraes freethaught at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 03:23:41 UTC 2010

Hi Alex,

I use an Iowa Cane available from the Iowa Department for the Blind. It is a little heavier than the NFB Canes, but also more durable. They come in a straight cane only, so having something that folds might be useful if you want to hide your blindness, I mean, if you want to be in a restaurant without tripping people with your cane on the ground, or some similar thing.

I've had my Iowa cane since 2007, and it barely looks scratched or warned due to how it is designed and made.

If you can get your hands on a Nebraska cane, they are essentially the same product with a slight Nebraska modification to the wrist band.

I believe you can still call for the Iowa Canes at

(515) 281-1333

Antonio

On