[nabs-l] Note takers

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 21:31:09 UTC 2010

Hi Rj:

I got a Pacmate about four years ago and sadly now all I really use it
for is reading braille books on the braille display, and taking notes
in class. Most of the time it sits unused.

Like others have said, the only real advantage to the pacmate would be
that it's all in one piece and it has a braille display.

However, you can use a laptop or even a netbook and accomplish the
same thing and then later purchase a braille display.

I do believe they have reduced the price of the Pacmates somewhat but
I'm not sure they are really worth it the high price when so many
other devices can accomplish the same thing.

Just my thoughts!

Kerri