[nabs-l] justification for purchosing a braille Note BT

RJ Sandefur joltingjacksandefur at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 23:37:51 UTC 2010

I am looking into purchosing a Braille note BT, and I'd like some Ideas on how I can best justify why I need this product? Here's a draft I've written.

I'm looking to purchose a BrailleNote Apex BT 32 which is $6,379 (32 cell braille display with braille keyboard) I am a licensed southern Baptist minister, and I'm studying with a seminary through distance learning in order to obtain a doctorate in theology.

This device, would assist me in sermon preparation, as I will be able to wirelessly connect to the internet if I'm on the go, and am not able to get to my desktop computer. The Braille display, will assist me in that when I'm delivering my sermon my notes, will be in front of me, and the braille note will eliminate the need for me to have to carry a braille volume  up to the pulpit with me. I don't wish to  be self relaient, and I feel that the braille note will give me even greater indendance than ever before. Another reason I why I feel I need this product, is it has a voice recorder, for me to record lectures from my fello ministers. If I am chosen to recieve this money, it will be used for the purpose it was intended, and nothing else. Sincerely, RJ Sandefur

Any thoughts? RJ