[nabs-l] History of the NFB

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 00:24:57 UTC 2010

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if some of the more experienced NFB members could help
me with this. :). I'm composing an essay for my AP language class on
equality and what does it mean in our society, and I chose to write it
on blindness and how attitudes have changed significantly in the last
century. I want to know the history of the NFB and how it was created
and what it was like in its early years. I think the organization
would be a good example of how people are trying to educate the
sighted world and give blind people more opportunities to integrate in
to society. I'm sure many of you could point me to some good resources
on the subject, or even share your own knowledge on the matter.
  On an unrelated topic, I was thinking of taking a class on Vertual
High School, an online program for high school students next semester.
I'm not positive if it would work that well with jaws since I heard
that a lot of online classes aren't that good. If any of you have
experience with VHS, it would be great for me to hear them.
Thanks a bunches in advance.
Minh
--
Patrick: "I'm mad."
Spongebob: "What's the matter, Patrick?"