[nabs-l] language lab

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 22:31:56 UTC 2010

I would definitely talk to the disability services office at your
college. Our community college has JAWS on the network so while not
all computers on campus have JAWS, they can put JAWS on any computer
that they feel needs it. Ask them if they have JAWS on the network,
which is a less expensive way for a college that needs JAWS on many
computers. If they have it on the network, then ask them to put JAWS
on at least one of the language lab computers. It should be on there
within the day (it doesn't take long, but requires a technician to do
it).

The other options are, like said, the portable NVDA (which I
definitely recommend over System Access to Go because NVDA runs a lot
closer to JAWS) or like another recommended, a reader who knows
Spanish. The last option is one I'm not sure about...is this a program
that only works on these computers? Can it not be temporarily put on
your laptop or on a computer in the DSS office's computer lab, which
is fully accessible? If not, back to plans A, B, or C...

My two cents,
Jewel

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!