[nabs-l] Lions Club

Anmol Bhatia anmolpbhatia at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 18:39:33 UTC 2010

Does it bother any of you when the Lions Club sit in frunt of Walmart and ask for money to help the blind? This has been something that has bothering me for a long time and mostly the reason why I have not joined one. Lions do a lot of good for the blind and I have been lucky to speak to a few Lions Clubs, but helping the blind in expense of reinforcing the sterotype that society has about the blind to me does not really helpful to our well being and holds us back in society. Its been something that has been bugging me for years, but I was not sure if it is just me or if there are other blind individuals who feel the same. I finally decide to ask when a friend of mine who has mentioned about joing a organization for the blind said that she going to get involved in the Lions club and sit in frunt of Walmart. It would be interesting to hear what everyone has to think about this.

Anmol

I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.
Hellen Keller