[nabs-l] iPod Touch or Icon?

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 00:39:45 UTC 2010

Hello,
I have tried the Icon and was surprised by the device. I liked it and it was fairly small. But then... I saw its price :). The truth is that for me, an iPod touch is faster to use. Going through emails and web browsing is really, really great on iOs 4. Plus there is a lot of accessible third party software available for the iPod touch, and I don't think that exists on the Icon. What's true is that typing on an icon might be much faster, at least at the beginning. I would say that an iPod touch paired with one of those really tiny, foldable bluetooth keyboard is really a much cheaper and more versatile solution than the Icon. And if you aren't planning on doing lots of typing, you will not need to use the keyboard most of the time. An other fact that you should consider is that it will soon be possible to print out files from the iPod touch (you can send them to a wireless printer or a printer on your network, but this will only be possible after iOs 4.2 is out). I don't know if that's possible with an Icon.