[nabs-l] Heightened Senses

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 13:39:36 UTC 2010

Marc,

On the contrary, I find your thoughts on the subject most engaging.  I'm not
likely to offer this line of thinking to the average inquirer, but with the
right people and the right circumstances, I think it might be interesting to
elaborate on the perceived abilities of blind people.  In my own case, I
won't deny it has become easier to, for example, pick out familiar voices in
crowds and use a measure of echolocation in my travels, but I don't think my
abilities are unique when compared to other blind people.  And, to a certain
extent I might feel compelled to downplay my abilities simply because what
is unusual for someone else is completely commonplace for me.  Interesting
feedback, and I appreciate everyone's input.

Best,

Joe