[nabs-l] WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS?

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Sat Sep 25 06:12:41 UTC 2010

Kirt,

While I understand that learning how to cook may have been difficult
for you, and while I understand that the training to cook with no
vision might have been difficult for you, that is not the case for
everyone and should not be generalized. I for one, found it easy after
I got over the stereotypes about blindness inherently making cooking
difficult. Interesting, eh? I'm with Marc on this one: the social
barriers placed on blind people often make things a hell of a lot more
difficult than blindness itself. The reason why social barriers exist
is because the world is built for the use and the advantage of the
sighted. As a result, most folks learn how to cook as sighted people. I
bet there's quite a few sighted folks who thought learning to cook
sighted was pretty darn difficult.

Respectfully,
Jedi