[nabs-l] embossing problem: any help?

Winy Kwany winy_kwany at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 08:00:55 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I appologize if this sounds out of topic, but I do need help. I decide to post on this list just to find any possibilities to get any help.
I use a desktop computer with Windows XP operating system, Duxbury 10.3, JAWS 10 and Index Basic 4.40 embosser that connects with a LPT port to the computer. I have problem in embossing my files. I use double sided/interpoint format to emboss. When I emboss, the first two pages look fine, but when come to third and fourth page, the embosser embossed something else that's very different from the content of the file. It's unreadable since the dots form neither words or sentences. The fifth and sixth page is fine, but it doesn't continue to emboss those who were not in the third and fourth. It's embossing its continuation. So, it means that I do lose content in third and fourth page. This pattern is repeatedly again: unreadable in the seventh and eighth page, fine in ninth and tenth, and it's on and on. I tried to use Comment Prompt to emboss the file instead of Duxbury, and the similar problem occurs. Any suggestions, ideas and help how to solve this? Any
 special setting that I should do to avoid this pattern? This never happened when I used Duxbury 10.4. They changed the software without letting me know. This also doesn't happen to one file. It happens to any BRF or DXB files that I have.
I look forward to hearing from you very soon. Please give me feetback asap since I need to emboss materials and exercises urgently. Many thanks.
Winy.