[nabs-l] College Course Material: Accessible eTextBooks, Braille, and Tactile Graphics

Kevin Chao kevinchao89 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 20:17:30 UTC 2011

Hi Kevin,

It's great to see another person who's using CourseSmart and enjoying
it, especially with speech and braille.
Very good point, it's not only accessible, but is accessible in speech
and/or braille.

Are you using CourseSmart for other textbooks, other than your one
Java textbook?

Unfortunately, I've also found that CourseSmart iPhone app is
inaccessible. However, viewing it in Safari using Web reader works
well.

I'm an exclusive user of CourseSmart web reader, where I've found that
in most cases, I have a great internet connection.
Whether that's WiFi or 3G, I'm able to read my textbooks wherever and
whenever I need to.

Can you please clarify and provide more details about the two points you made:
"I also found with the online version that the ability to finly hone
the use of bookmarks is not viable. The final thing is that Braille is
not nearly as seamless with the online version."

Thanks,

Kevin