[nabs-l] Learning grade 2 braille in other languages

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 02:08:50 UTC 2011

Hi everyone.

I am majoring in German.  I have been struggling in my literature
courses because I would like to read my books in braille, but the
technology we have at the university isn't working quickly enough.  We
have to scan books, which would work if we got them more quickly, and
I do not have time to scan them on my own because I am a double major.
 Also, we are having a hard time getting someone to help proofread.
Anyway, my German professor wants me to be able to order German
braille books from Germany.  I have been to Germany, and I visited a
school for the blind there.  I read their grade 2 braille, and
obviously it made no sense to me.  I currently read and write all my
German braille in grade one, but I do know they have and use a grade 2
system over there.  I just have no idea how to go about learning it.
If anyone has any ideas about any of this, please, it would be muchly
appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Julie McG
 Lindbergh High School class of 2009, participating member in Opera

life."
John 3:16