[nabs-l] SAT ACCOMMODATIONS

humberto humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Fri Apr 8 03:09:31 UTC 2011

Well, if you are going to use the BrailleNote for taking the SAT
tests, and if it is OK to do so because you have been approved to
do that, you can do the following:
1.  There is an option called the "visual display" on your
BrailleNote.  Go to the options menu, and then press the letter V
to jump straight to Visual display.  It will ask you whether you
want a serial connection or a bluetooth connection.  If you are
interested in learning more about this option, you can refer to
the user guide (It is installed on your KeySoft by default), and
read about the sections for visual display.
2.  Depending on which version of KeySoft you have, you might
want to download an application and install it on your computer.
for more information, you can visit:
http://humanware.com/support/
search for a BrailleNote link and start investigating the other
links and settings.  If you know what HyperTerminal is, there is
a file that you can download that has the correct settings for
the BrailleNote to run as a visual display.  Just look around
that web site and find out what's available.
3.  There is a BrailleNote mailing list for BrailleNote users
specifically.  If you would like to subscribe to this mailing
list, send a blank email to:
Braillenote-request at list.humanware.com.  type "Subscribe" in the
subject line, as always.
4.  A last word of warning, (and yes real warning!) unless you
have been really approved to have such accommodation of
connecting a braille device onto a monitor, please be aware that
if you are in the same testing setting as other students, they
might be tickled pink to see your work.  And yes, they may cheat.
You might want to see what your testing setting will look like
before even jumping in to researching options 1, 2, and 3 above.
Good luck with your test and may all be well for you.

Cheers, Humberto

list<nabs-l at nfbnet.org