[nabs-l] Accessible phone

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 9 23:05:37 UTC 2011

George,

My Samsung Haven is through Verizon.  It is a very basic phone with the
exception of texting.  It has no online capabilities, no MP3 player,
none of that stuff, but it is fully accessible.

It was specifically designed for visually impaired and deaf users.

The speech is a bit annoying because there is a pause between functions,
but I can still do everything on my own with it.

There is also a Samsung Gusto which is the same phone except it has more
cool stuff like what you mention, and it is fully accessible.  I have
not had the opportunity to play with a Gusto either.

I would like something like an I-phone, but right now, cost is a bigger
factor than convenience.

I am not sure what other companies offer the Samsung Haven and Gusto.

Bridgit

Message: 14