[nabs-l] print documents and Braille Note

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 11 04:01:37 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I have a Braille Note m’power.
It has several ports.
So I can put documents on a USB drive and read from the USB drive on the BrailleNote.

I know how to save the text files on the USB drive.
But to read in the BrailleNote I think it needs to be in .brf format.
How do I convert from the typical .doc file to a .brf file?
Can I do this on the BrailleNote end?

Alternatively, I have an old version of Duxbury braille translator, DBT, and
I can save the file that way.  But I am hoping there is a simple way to put files on a thumb drive and read them on the BrailleNote.

I have some documents from class and some documents of my own I’d like to read on the BrailleNote in grade 2 braille as opposed to computer braille.
So if you know how to transfer a text file that says .doc to the BrailleNote, let me know.

Thanks.
Ashley