[nabs-l] mobility question

RJ Sandefur joltingjacksandefur at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 01:26:49 UTC 2011

I have a question concerning orientation and mobility instructors. When I was at our state rehabilitation center back in 1999, the head mobility instructor had an intern working with me, and the intern said I couldn't do mobility, because I had spacal issues, and now eleven years later, I've asked rehab to give me mobility training again, and so they are referring me to the lighthouse. However, My councilor told me, that I shouldn't let the fact that an intern evaluated me, and that certification isn't everything. to which my sister responded, "RJ, I could teach you mobility." My question is, Is certification everything? RJ