[nabs-l] technology question

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 23 20:24:29 UTC 2011

RJ,
It depends on the article.  If it had a lot of weird technical or foreign
words, I may have insisted on brailling.
But if not, I would just hire a reader to do the reading; they can help you
skim an article and for research this is very helpful.
Either way, I would be real mad about their attitude. Maybe writing a letter
to educate them on the uses and acceptance of braille would be good.
Braille is not obselete and I am really sick of professionals feeling it is.
Scanners cannot replace braille.  Nothing like reading the material vs
hearing it with a scanner which makes mistakes.

Ashley