[nabs-l] technology question

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 23 20:34:19 UTC 2011

Mike,
It depends on the subject; sometimes scanners are faster; sometimes readers
are faster/efficient for
material. For instance if I have a book/article with lots of font changes or
tables my screen reader cannot explain the layout and content to me. A
reader works better. Electronic text may work better for a story though that
is more straight forward text.

Most rehab agencies will pay for OCR software; but most will also pay for
readers too.
Ashley