[nabs-l] Question about technology

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 24 03:25:53 UTC 2011

Hi Joshua,
I have the BrailleNote version before the Apex.  It’s a great tool.  It has
many tools built in including a calculator, book reader to read NLS web
braille etc, phone book, and email capability.  I think the PacMate may have
more ability to interface with the computer though.
But I've always enjoyed the BrailleNote M'power.  I'd get the Apex, but the
rehab agency doesn't fund upgrades.
It depends on what you want out of the notetaker; both machines have ton of
file space, calendars, email, a web browser, ability to read braille books,
and MP3 playing ability I think.
I know the BrailleNote has a FM radio and can play MP3 files; I think
PacMate can too.  So there are many similarities.
Hope you get to try both out as this is the best way to help you decide.
Ashley