[nabs-l] technology question

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Apr 24 16:05:39 UTC 2011

Sean:

There are some of us old timers here who made it through college with
human readers, and other primitive tools.  I agree with much of what
you say, but will add that readers, OCR, digital audio books,
electronic books, on-line books, etc., are all tools.  The more tools
you can and will use, the better your chance of success.  I think
people need to be flexible and use what is available, what works, and
what they are comfortable.  There is no perfect tool, and no