[nabs-l] Question about technology

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Apr 24 16:16:30 UTC 2011

There are many moving parts which have to be carefully manufactured
as they must be durable enough to be activated hundreds of thousands
of times, without failure.

There are a couple potential technologies on the horizon, which may
be less expensive, but nothing in the foreseeable future.

Dave

A cheaper refreshable braille technology has been worked on for 30
years or longer, and nothing has emerged to replace piezoelectric cells.

Dave