[nabs-l] Reasonable technology requests from Rehab andsomeother college questions

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 16:22:36 UTC 2011

You can purchase room insurance for relatively cheap. Different
campuse have different levels of security, but in my experience dorms
tend to be more secure than off campus housing since RA's are on duty
and someone is always at the front desk, and only certain students
have card access. But it is true that other students might be the
biggest threats. I have generally found people to be pretty trust
worthy though. There are definitely exceptions to this, but I feel
that people are probably at a pretty equal risk of having things
stolen from them. Blindness related technology is expensive, but it is
also specialized, and I feel like someone looking to steal and sell
would want to take something that would be easy to sell and difficult
to trace back to its owner. You could definitely talk to your roommate
and let them know that you think it is really important that if both
of you are gone or sleeping that the door should always be locked.

Cindy