[nabs-l] Justification letter concerning ONM

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 28 17:50:57 UTC 2011

Hi Andy and all,
Yes while their job is to provide you services to become an independent
blind person,
actually they can deny services.  If they deem and have evidence the client
cannot benefit from the service, that is grounds for denial.

Rj,  If I were you, I'd write the justification letter.
What O&M do you need?  Also, if you have spatial issues as I do, you should
outline how O&M can benefit you and what strageties you may use to
compensate for spatial deficits.

I have those issues so I need more repetition of routes; I also need more
concrete instructions and it helps to have written directions or a map.

Remember from the VR standpoint, they have limited resources and funding.
They want to ensure the services you seek are in their best interest.
If they are contracting with the lighthouse for O&M, its expensive and they
pay by the hour.  Of course I think you could use some O&M, but just saying
I can see why they question it or want to make you justify it now a days.
Do you know if they are contracting with the lighthouse or are you just
being refered there?

Ashley