[nabs-l] Fwd: Some good ideas

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 15:33:14 UTC 2011

 ---- Original Message ------
From: Mathew Orzechowski <morzo at kc.surewest.net
Subject: Fwd: Some good ideas
Date sent: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 09:49:50 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

 From: Mike Orzechowski <mikeo at diteq.com
 Date: August 1, 2011 9:40:02 AM CDT
 To: Bonnie Orzechowski <bcoorzo at gmail.com>, Mathew Orzechowski
<morzo at kc.surewest.net>, Mary Orzechowski
<maryprincess101 at gmail.com>, KatieB <pando at kc.surewest.net>,
Bonnie Orzechowski <orzo at kc.surewest.net
 Subject: FW: Some good ideas

 Sent from my Windows Mobile phone

 From: Metin Sakarcan <metin at inchfeet.com
 Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 9:37 AM
 To: Metin Sakarcan <metin at inchfeet.com
 Subject: Some good ideas

 Certainly are good ideas.

 This is worth reminding.

 This  gives us something to think about with all our  new
electronic  technology.
 GPS
 A friend  had their car broken into while they were at a
football game.  Their  carwas parked  on the green which was
adjacent to the football  stadium and specially allotted to
football  fans.  Things stolen from the car included  a garage
door remote control, some money and a  GPS which had  been
 prominently  mounted on the  dashboard.
 When the  victims got home, they found that their house  had
been ransacked and just about everything  worth anything had been
stolen.
 The  thieves had used the GPS to guide them to the  house.
Theythen used  the garage remote control to open the garage  door
and gain entry to the house.  The  thieves knew the owners were
at the football  game, they knew what time the game was scheduled
to finish and so  theyknew how  much time they had to clean out
the house.   It appeared  thatthey had  brought a truck to empty
the house of its  contents.
 Something  to consider if you have a GPS - don't put your  home
address in it.  Put a nearby address  (like a store or gas
station) so you can still  find your way home if you need to, but
no one  else would know where you live if your GPS were  stolen.
 MOBILE  PHONES -- I would  never have thought of  this.......
 This lady has now changed  her habit of how she lists her
nameson her  mobile phone after her handbag was stolen.   Her
handbag, which contained her cell phone,  credit card, wallet...
etc...  was  stolen.
 20 minutes  later when she called her hubby, from a pay
phonetelling  him what had happened, hubby says 'I received  your
text asking about our Pin number and I've  replied a little while
ago.'
 When they  rushed down to the bank, the bank staff told  them
allthe money  was already withdrawn.  The thief had  actually
used the stolen cell phone to text  'hubby' in the contact list
and got hold of the  pin number.  Within 20 minutes he had
withdrawn all the money from their bank  account.
 Moral of  the  lesson:
 Do not  disclose the relationship between you and the  people in
your contact  list.
 Avoid  using names like Home, Honey, Hubby, Sweetheart,  Dad,
Mom,  etc....
 And very importantly,  when sensitive info is being
askedthrough  texts, CONFIRM by calling  back.

 Also, when you're being  text by friends or family to meet them
somewhere, be sure to call back to confirm that  the message came
fromthem.   If you don't reach them, be very careful about  going
places to  meet'family  and friends' who text  you.
 *PLEASE  PASS THIS  ON
 * I never  thought about the  above!
 As of now,  I no longer  have'home'  listed on my cell  phone.
 Even if  this does not pertain to you....Pass it on to  your
family &  friends

 The information contained in this email may be confidential
and/or legally privileged.  It has been sent for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this message is not
an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its
contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please contact the sender by reply email