[nabs-l] update on painting business

chris nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 01:18:45 UTC 2011

--
Chris

Visit Camp Abilities online at: www.campabilities.org
Visit the I C.A.N. Foundation online at: www.icanfoundation.info.

Sent from the Gmail Web site: www.gmail.com.

Hi everyone,

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for all your responses and
interest in Arianna's painting business! She told me today that she
got a lot of responses from interested blind people, which is great!!
Thanks to everyone who responded and those who will later do so!! I'd
just like to let everyone know of a slight change in the pricing of
these paintings. Due to evaluation of the expenses of making these
tactile paintings, mainly the expense of the acrylic paint used, she
will need to raise the retail (selling) price in order to support her
business. So, as of now, the price per painting is $4.00 plus
shipping. This is raised from the starting price of $1.75. However,
this is still not a dealbreaker, as many paintings are very expensive,
so this is still a good deal on these kinds of paintings. Since this
is a new business, we're still working on our advertising and sales
initiatives. We will soon have a Web site and a Facebook page for the
business, so please stay tuned to these lists/your email for more
updates! Also, we'll soon be highlighted in an article that will
appear in the Matilda Ziegler magazine in the near future. In the mean
time, you can still email Arianna, our owner and painter, at
arigeogirl at gmail.com, or me at dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com with any
questions, feedback, or requests about the business! Thanks for all
your interest, and I hope you stay interested in Arianna's tactile art
in the future!

Chris

Chris Nusbaum, Sales and Advertising Coordinator, Arianna's Art, Inc.