[nabs-l] Using a White Cane with a Walker

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 03:43:34 UTC 2011

Hello Marsha,

Thank you vary much for your ideas. I am wondering though, when you used the
wheelchair, did you use one of your legs to help push the wheelchair? I have
not given my borrowed wheelchair much of a chance because I am not sure if I
would have enough strength to push it with my arms. And then there would
still be the issue of trying to get up and down the one step that is just
outside my apartment.

What seems to make my situation difficult is the fact that I managed to
injure both of my legs which makes it rather difficult to get around. On
their own neither injury is that severe, but it is a real pain when you
combine the two injuries together. I'm just tired of being held captive in
my own apartment, and would like to be able to start living my life again.

But again, thanks for all the ideas. I will definitely give them some
thought and consideration.

Elizabeth