[nabs-l] More Ideas Needed for my Research Project

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:26:50 UTC 2011

Hi Arielle,

How about cutting? It's tough to do blindfolded, even when the
sighted person already knows how to cut (when I was learning, my
parents tried it a couple times and found it hard to do with
their eyes closed,) but it would be easier to do with a nonvisual
technique (i.e.  feeling the food to know where to stab into it
with the fork, or listening for your knife to touch the plate so
you know when you're done cutting.) Would this be too hard for
your purposes? If you have any questions, please let me know.

 Chris Nusbaum

nuisance." -- Kenneth Jernigan (President of the National
Federation of the Blind, 1968-1986.)

  Visit the I C.A.N.  Foundation online at:
www.icanfoundation.info for
information on our foundation and how it helps blind and visually
impaired children in MD say "I can!"

Sent from my BrailleNote