[nabs-l] Get to Know Arizona's Blind Students at Our State Convention on Labor Day Weekend!

Darrell Shandrow darrell.shandrow at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 07:27:22 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,

Welcome, blind students, to the National Federation of the Blind of
Arizona's 65th annual State Convention!

If you are here to learn about different techniques for coping with
blindness-related situations at school, or if you want to learn how to
get involved with your local student division and meet new friends while
you're at it, then join the Arizona Association of blind Students for
our seminar on Saturday September third from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. in the
Rio Salado room at the Sheraton Airport Hotel, 1600 S. 52nd Street,
Tempe, Arizona.

This year we will discuss a wide range of topics including Braille,
technology and travel from the perspectives of blind college and
high-school students.

Two special guests will also chat with us about The exciting programs
offered by the Jernigan Institute and illuminate a brighter, more
accessible future for students in chemistry and physics.

Please join us for two exciting activities after the seminar!

At 5:30 p.m., we will offer pizza and cold drinks in the Rio Salado room
for a $5 donation.

Then, come back to the Rio Salado room at 9:00 for our game night, where
you can have a good time and get to know other blind students from
around Arizona. Please bring $5 for the entrance fee.

If you would like to vote in our elections, which will be held during
our business meeting on Sunday from 12:00 to
2:00 p.m. in the Rio Salado room, please bring $5 for dues. If you are
not a payed member, you cannot vote, but we would still love to have you
join us to see how the process works.

We look forward to visiting with all of you this year at our state
convention!

Best regards,

Kristen Johnson
Vice President