[nabs-l] the hurricane

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 27 17:40:31 UTC 2011

Hi all,
For those along the east coast, we are preparing for a hurricane. If you are in North Carolina, you know it is already there. The news says that they got wind, but not the down pour of rain so far.
Whether at school or home, stay safe. The possibility of a power outage is there. If you have no light perception, you are used to not having the light; but it will still be harder to function due to no tv, stove, laundry machines, etc. For those of us with some residual vision, I encourage you to have something on hand for a light source. Besides, a dark house/building looks unsafe.  So have flashlights and lanterns handy. Have the essential stuff on hand if you are staying in at school or home. Things like non perishable food, batteries, an alarm clock that does not run on electricity and clean clothes. In a power outage we cannot wash clothes in the machine or dishes in the dish washer, of course.  Stay safe everyone and if you were asked to evacuate, you should probably do so.

We are just expected to get some high winds here and rain. But the rain hasn’t started in VA. The downpour will be tonight and tomorrow morning, they say.
Good luck.
Ashley