[nabs-l] FCC Releases Video Description Rules

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Tue Aug 30 15:32:42 UTC 2011

Good morning everyone,

    So where's the requirements that emergency alerts also be voiced?
Irene's visit reminds me that much ado is being made about video description
but how about accessible emergency alerts displayed on the T.V. screen. We
got along without video description for many years. Television programs have
always been accessible to everyone including the blind. It's just the
method(s) of gaining that access that is different. If Jose changes course
and threatens South Texas I want to know about it via all media including
accessible alerts broadcast by T.V. stations.

Peter Donahue