[nabs-l] cooking technique?

Lea williams leanicole1988 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 19:10:19 UTC 2011

Hey, I use a measuring cup for dry things and put it on a plate and
poor till it gets to the top. if any spills over which very little
might sometimes, and a lot will when your first lerning, then you can
either poor it back in or down the drain. Then you might have a larger
container like a bowl or something that you will pick up and hold just
below the counter and up aginst it and then slowly slide the measuring
cup to the edge then tip it over in to the bowl and then poor it from
the bowl in to whatever it needs to go. This is if they can't pick it
up and take it to wherever without dumping it. If you have a liquid
measureing cup with lines that are raised in the inside of it, then
they can feel for the line, keep their finger on it and poor until it
gets to their finger and equal to the line. I have cooked enough now
that if I am pooring in to a spoon I can hold it in the air and poor
to fill it up without spilling, then transfer it to whereever. If they
have not done this before, you can tell them to practice outside of
class over and in the sink with water.
I use dry measuring cupsinstead of liquids because I only have one
liquid cup and it does not have lines inside it that you can fill. The
difference with using the liquid and the dry for those who don't know
is if you use liquid in a dry cup, your more likley to spill it. There
is no difference in the measuring.

--
Lea Williams

Phone;