[nabs-l] taking a introduction computer class

Lea williams leanicole1988 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 07:45:57 UTC 2011

our assignments were of black board and this other sight. He gave his
lessons on a large screen on the wall for all to see. I would just
listen, maybe a few notes. and then worked on my work while he was
talking and/or at home. He mainly did a review of the chapter. and we
were to have the work finished before he talked about it. the book had
a lot of stuff in it. It would tell you to go to your minue , then to
this tab, then to this thing, etc...
you just had to go and play around. most of it is stuff I already
knew, the rest was easy. Most of it was stuff like describing a cel
phone, computer desktop lab top, and then you had to tell what the
deffenition was describing. multiple answers and fill in the blank. If
you read the chapter you should do fine. and use google to look for
some of the stuff if you need to. most of the class did that. but you
don't really do a lot in class. Just listen. or at least that is how
my class was.
but in my class there were activities you had to do with making a
flier about a lost dog and a pretend bank statement with XL etc...
just to make sure you know how to use the stuff.
We had a multiple question quiz per chapter, a fill in the blank
assignment per chapter, and then a practis test. each was about 20
questions but I flew through it in 15 minutes or less most of the
time, unless I was talking on the phone/skype with friends or running
about, or stopped to watch tv etc while working on it.. . then every
third chapter or so we had a test of about 80 questions. multiple
choice and same questions on the other work.

There are some extra assignments that we did and with these you will
need to go to the learning center and get help. You have to do a lot
with color and visual theams and stuff. It takes about 2 hours to do
each project and in my book there were about  9 or 12 of them. Some
might take longer or shorter. Ask your teacher about these at the
first of the semester. You night not have to do this.
But like I said. most of it is easy to do if you read the book. just
stuff like reviewing and answering the questions about the book.

The hard part was the teacher. lol. he was anutt case, never got right
what it was he was trying to do in the class. He would tell us to go
and do some assignments then change his mind and after most of the
class had done it and told us we did not have to do it. lol.
But he was nice and was really relaxed and fun in class.

On 12/24/11, Ashley Bramlett <bookwormahb at earthlink.net> wrote:

> lea
>
> I decided to take intro to computer concepts. Our instructor will lecture
> and cover computer terms and theory. She uses the book Computer technology.
> Our text has 15 chapters and the four exams cover this material from
> lecture/book.
>
> Did you work with the professor to learn the keyboard commands? I did not
> ask her if she used blackboard, but I don't think so.
> What did the learning center do with you? Is that a center where you get
> tutoring help?
>
> How can I follow her computer demonstrations? Just have her verbalize what
> she clicks on?
> The class covers the office suite: Word, powerpoint, excell, access, and
> basic html.
> Any more tips are welcome.
> Ashley

Twitter