[nabs-l] problem with a USB headset

Amy Sabo amylsabo at comcast.net
Wed Dec 28 04:04:25 UTC 2011

Hello chris,

That's awesome that you got a usb headset for Christmas to use it
for skype calls and using other things.

I have a usb microphone headset and as a matter effect it's my 4
the one that I have used since I got on skype in the spring of
2008 thanks to my best friend.

Anyway, yes, you can hear both the skype calls and the screen
reader either if you are using jfw or nvda. Because I can hear it
all together when I use skype with my microphone/headset with jfw
and skype. Did you try to change the settings in the audio
settings section of skype? Or fix the audio/sounds settings in
your computer under control panel?

Those would be the ideas/suggestions that I would prefer. If you
are still having problems with the mike then ask where you got it
from but, since you got it as a gift from someone ask where they
got it and, if so then return it for a new one if that's the
case.

Those are my thoughts on this. Take care and happy new year to
you!

Hugs,
amy