[nabs-l] fw: [blindtlk] fwd: [orien-announce] Orion status

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 23:48:46 UTC 2011

FYI...

 ---- Original Message ------
From: David Andrews <dandrews at visi.com
Subject: [Blindtlk] Fwd: [orion-announce] Orion Status
Date sent: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 17:06:22 -0600

From: Marc Mulcahy <marc at levelstar.com
Subject: [orion-announce] Orion Status
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:51:30 -0700

Hello All:

There have been several questions by some of our customers
regarding
the upcoming release of the Orion products.  I want to assure you
that our silence in responding to your questions is due to the
fact
that we are working diligently to ensure that we exceed your
expectations with these products!

As most of you know, we have been partnering with the American
Printing House for the Blind, (APH) in development of these
products.  Our original agreement included development of both a
device with a Braille display, and a voice-only device.  Though
some
challenges have delayed market introduction, those very
challenges
have resulted in a higher level of research which has solidified
our
confidence that the level of customer satisfaction in these
products
will be exceeded!

As we reach the final stages of development and approach the
production stages of the project, Levelstar Management has
decided
to invest all energies into the APH version of the products.
This
decision will allow for the earliest possible market introduction
of
product.  The APH Braille Plus 18 Second Generation and the
Braille
Plus Second Generation will include all the features and benefits
as
planned for the Orion.  Though a first quarter 2012 introduction
date
is anticipated for the APH Braille Plus 18 Second Generation, all
questions regarding availability and pricing of the Braille Plus
Second Generation products should be directed to the American
Printing House for the Blind.

Subsequent to the release of the APH products, LevelStar
Management
will evaluate the feasibility of bringing the products to market
under our own brand name.  It's clear from feedback we've
received
that people are confused about the feature and benefit
differences
between the Orion and the APH Braille Plus Second Generation
products.  An absence of any differences between the products
would
indeed result in confusion and not benefit anyone in the process
and
detract from our goal that is to fulfill the needs of our
customers
through dedicated research, resulting in the highest quality
product!

We very much appreciate your interest and share in your
excitement
as to the world that will be opened with the Braille Plus 18
Second
Generation and Braille Plus Second Generation Products!

Respectfully,

Marc Mulcahy

Vice President Engineering

Levelstar, LLC