[nabs-l] managing email

Antonio Guimaraes freethaught at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 17:02:00 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm wondering how some of you find a way to manage email most
effectively. What one program do you find fits most of your needs?

I find myself using Thunderbird on a windows XP machine, and 2 windows 7
setups.

I have outlook express on the XP machine, and use Mac OS mail program at
times.

I have the option to use Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2007, but I remember
not liking Outlook for one reason or another. I would set it up with my
gmail accounts to see what added features I can get out of the 2007 one,
since it is newer and bound to be more feature-rich.

I often mail from the iPhone.

This almost infinit number of options is daunting since each program
sorts messages differently, has its own addressbook, and so on.

I have yet to be able to find out how I can purchase a Microsoft
Exchange account which may be the most logical solution to my problem.
Quite frankly I've only gotten general information and instruction on
setting one up.

Any thoughts?

Antonio