[nabs-l] An Invitation to participate in a sex knowledge survey

Jamie Principato blackbyrdfly at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 02:44:23 UTC 2011

Guys, it's a study. They're just pilot testing their survey. If you don't
want to take it, don't, but don't get up in arms because some researcher is
trying to answer a research question you feel certain you already know the
answer to. that isn't how we find answers. It's how we push opinions, and
that is not what we want people doing when they determine things about the
blind. Science is beautifully self correcting. If it's true that the young
blind population is no different in terms of level of sex education than the
sighted population, they'll see this in due time once people start giving
them data. ALL populations get studied at some point or another. It would
only be unethical if you guys were not given the information you were given,
and the opportunity to refuse to participate. So either do it or don't, but
don't pitch a fit over it.