[nabs-l] On things that matter

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 4 18:45:20 UTC 2011

Hi,
Wow, I am surprised the amount of responses to the study.
It’s a study and it did not offend me.  The professor wants to see if there
is a difference in the knowledge and acquisition of the knowledge of sex.
I think there would be.  People learn by the media and diagrams in school.
When I took health some of the info was inaccessible to me.  They had
pictures of male/female atonomy.

Joe Orozco said the professor said there is research suggesting blind young
adults are two years behind their sighted peers in this knowledge.  So his
hypothesis is based on prior research.  If this is the case, 18 year olds
would have the knowledge of 16 year olds.
I'd participate, but I do not meet the age requirement.
Amazing how we get up in arms about someone's survey; if you don't like it,
don't participate.

Ashley