[nabs-l] Retraction

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 00:32:49 UTC 2011

I agree that I would not and still do not have a changed opinion based
on the fact that the professor is himself blind. However, I still
question the validity of a survey that only surveys an age range of
two years, and why isn't he surveying sighted students as wel? I know,
it's been done before, but the difference in time, location of the
surveyors and/or students, how many sighted students were surveyed,
and much more could make a difference.

Also, could someone please send me the professors's contact
information? I seem to have lost it, and I'd like to spek with him
about his survey. My main question is: When is it expected that the
approximage two years difference decreases and disappears altogether,
and why not survey older people (20-40) to see what their education is
like, in comparison, to find out where the gap ends?

I am appalled by the ntote that the professor only recieved rude
messages and hang-ups. I may not agree with the survey, but I
certainly did not send him a rude message or harass him. I fear that
whoever did send those messages has lost their sense of self-honour
and honour for the blind movement in general. I'm sure I'm preaching
to the choir here, though (at least I hope so!)

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!