[nabs-l] FW: [nfbcs] Fwd: Looking for a study participant

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 17:09:00 UTC 2011

Begin forwarded message:

> Title: The Digital Network for Students with Visual Impairments: How do
visually impaired students approach the new trend of digital social networks
by using assistive technology?

> I am Sunggye Hong and currently work at San Francisco State University to
train teachers of students with visual impairments.

> The purpose of this study is to examine the role digital social networks
play in the development of social skills of students with visual impairments
and the degree to which visually impaired students are participating in such
activities.

> I am looking for a student who is blind or visually impaired and is 12 to
18 years old who would be interested in participating in a survey study. The
survey will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete and will focus
on the use of digital social media such as online social networks, text
messaging, and assistive technology when using such digital media.

> If you know of any student who would be a good candidate for this study,
please share my contact information. As soon as I receive your student's
contact information, I will mail the parental consent form and minor assent
form that describe the details of the study procedures.

> If you have any questions or concerns at this point or in the future, or
would like to know more about the study, please feel free to contact: