[nabs-l] training centers

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 01:04:10 UTC 2011

Hi George,
 there have been many cases where a  summer  program student has
returned for a second summer.  In fact, many of those situations have
seen people  transfer  right into  the  full-time adult program of
that person's choosing. In regards to  the youth program vs. the adult
program, think of  the youth program as sort of an introduction to the
training center environment.  you are generally getting  a sample size
of  the curriculim, with the exception  that there are less planned
recreational activities.  If  the oppertunity presents  it's self to
go to a summer program and the door is still opened for you to go into
full-time training, I don't see the harm in taking advantage of it,
but I would focus more on the oppertunity to take part in   nine
months of solid training, as  to me, skills and confidence will  be
best fostered in that type of     situation.